I have been nominated for the Liebster Award!! I was nominated by JackieP of Change
Piers Morgan Tonight (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
For Better Me. What an honour!
Thanks Jackie for the nomination, it’s awesome and I have still got a big grin on my face as I am writing this but you may be wondering;
What Is A Liebster Award?
According to ThoughtProvoking Moments and I am going to quote her word for word, she says,
”The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, and nominated by fellow bloggers. Liebster is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.”
What a cute way to describe me, I am chuffed! So there you have it, I was nominated by Jackie and I would in turn nominate other eleven bloggers.
You see, I’ve got a big fat imagination and I could just envision been with Jackie on ”Piers Morgan Tonight” He is a British journalist who took over from Larry King’s show, you know, Larry is quite a legend.
Well as I was saying, based on this assumption that I am on air with Jackie of course, on Piers Morgan’s show. Piers is just listening, chipping in every now and then, and yes, Jackie is dressed to kill, I won’t describe her cos she’s simply gorgeous, and right now I will be answering the eleven questions.
This are Jackie’s questions;
- What got you into blogging?
That’s a straight forward question, as a writer, I probe my brain by blogging and I also want to rub minds with other writers, poets, great people who blogged everyday. It’s very exhilarating for me.
2. What have you learned about yourself through your blog?
I have learnt that I could juggle five things at once and still get an incredible result. I’ve met great people online, and my imagination is at the peak, and it’s all thanks to my blogging.
3. When you aren’t blogging what do you do?
I am a freelance journalist, working for a London-based magazine, ‘Black Heritage Today,’ and when I am not on field trips, I am glued to my computer in the office, typing furiously. I am currently editing three novels at once and I am also a reviewer for Bookpleasures.com (I am not been paid by the way, just loved reading novels) And I am a mom of three boisterous and active kids, that’s like a twenty-four hour shift job! Never ending but I love it.
4. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Norway, I had wanted to go this year but obviously it’s October now and the kids are in school, So next year, it’ straight to Norway.
5. What’s your greatest vice?
None that I can think of, honestly! ‘Jackie why are you looking at me like that!’ (Piers is smiling everyone!)
6. Who is/was your greatest influence in your life?
My mother, she is strong, hardworking and very determined. She is also a great woman of faith, the word ’impossible’ is not in her dictionary, I love her to bits.
7. Who is your favorite author?
I have a lot of them but I’ll pick John Grisham, I love all his novels especially, ‘The Firm’ His books are so real, it’s as if you’re in the story.
8. What music do you prefer to listen to?
I love gospel and cool smooth jazz. Music is powerful, I love all kinds, sometimes I go country as long as it’s a great tune with inspiring words, I’ll go for it.
9. If you could, who would you like to have cook for you?
My husband! Yes, he is a very good cook but it’s been a while since he’d cooked last!
10. Imagine that you could meet anyone living or dead, who would it be and what would you say?
My best friend while I was in college, she died suddenly. I would ask her why she didn’t fight to stay alive! I missed her…
11. Are you happy?
There it is, and we were honourably ushered out of CNN studio by studio hands, that’s what they’re called isn’t it? Anyway, Jackie and I had a great time.
Now I am honoured to nominate the following bloggers for the prestigious Liebster Award
And this are my questions, the same as JackieP by the way! Because I thought her questions are quite cool!!
- What got you into blogging?
- What have you learned about yourself through your blog?
- When you aren’t blogging what do you do?
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
- What’s your greatest vice?
- Who is/was your greatest influence in your life?
- Who is your favourite author?
- What music do you prefer to listen to?
- If you could, who would you like to have cook for you?
- Imagine that you could meet anyone living or dead, who would it be and what would you say?
That’s it folks, and thank you again JackieP for the honours and good luck to all you glorious nominees!